How It Works
The share price includes all costs for year 1, with no commitment after that. If you choose to continue into year 2, the costs are much lower as the horse is already paid for. See each horse’s details for a full cost breakdown.
You’ll get frequent video, audio and written updates on your horse and you’ll be able to manage your communication preferences in your personal RaceShare account.
We have created a brilliant team to share the ownership experience with. Oli Bell will deliver regular video updates on RaceShare horses, as well as hosting events and digital experiences with owners.
Hands on with horses
You will have the opportunity to visit your horse in training. Our Flat trainers have between them won all the British Classics. It doesn’t get better than that.
At the races
When your horse runs and you would like to attend, you can enter the ballot for an owner's badge. These badges are limited by the racecourses, but we’ll aim to involve as many owners as we can in other ways, such as on-course meet-ups in public areas.
We'll be bringing you unrivalled and exclusive video content through RaceShare TV, including a monthly owners show and a live raceday show. On raceday, we will bring you pre-and post-race content to watch live or on demand.
A community spirit
Racehorse ownership is a great way to meet like-minded individuals. We’ll host regular events to discuss all things racing and ownership.
Our horse selection policy
- Our highly skilled buying team will carefully identify the horses that offer the best chance of delivering success for owners. This means we won’t always have horses available to syndicate, but when we do, it’s because they have met our criteria and we believe in them.
- Those selected won’t always be the most expensive, but they will have shown something that the buying team likes. Our aim is to build a portfolio of interesting horses so that if you did become an owner, you could have year-round involvement on the Flat, ranging from early 2-year-olds to proven performers, and both hurdlers and chasers over Jumps.
Our cost breakdown
We will always be transparent on all costs associated with your horse and offer a breakdown of each share price. Here's an example breakdown of a £44 per share syndicate made up of 4,000 shares:
- Capital value (cost of the horse to purchase) £22.31
- 5% capital risk £1.11
- Service fee* £11.87
- Training fees £8.55
- Retirement contribution £0.16
Service fee* - this covers the costs of providing the ownership experience and running the RaceShare business including personnel, website and IT, advertising, RaceShare TV, etc.
On each horse page you will see a renewal fee which is the cost of renewing your share in year two. This cost removes the capital of the horse that you will have already paid in your first term. For full details please read our FAQs.
Gifts for friends and family
Each of our ownerships is set up with the British Horseracing Authority as a syndicate.
This means all shares bought give you ownership of that % of the horse. Owners will receive a share of all prize money and, where applicable, funds from the sale of any horses.
Each horse has its own bank account with Weatherbys, where a full P&L is logged.
All net prizemoney and additional funds in a horse's account at the end of a syndicate term will be distributed pro-rata between owners.
Horse welfare and
- A % of the cost of each share will go towards a horse’s post-racing pension fund.
- This fund will be used at the end of the horse’s racing career to ensure the best possible post-racing care. This could be helping find full retirement to a great home or retraining to take up a new career.
- In circumstances where the pension fund is not needed, this will be donated to the RoR (Retraining Of Racehorses).
- We’ll always listen to our trainers when they advise a horse needs additional professional care or rehabilitation when in training. Trainers and their team have the welfare of their horses at the heart of everything they do.